- If your parents decided to split it does not mean you will not have a family anymore. Your relationship will not change: your parents will continue taking care of you and your needs.
- Your mum and dad need to split because they do not get along anymore: this is the reason why they need to live in two separate houses but they will do their best to get along to each other as parents!
- It may happen that kids – in these occasions – are worried to lose one of their parents: it is normal. You will always remain their common thing.
- When you are afraid things will change, remember that for your parents it is, as well important, to maintain their normality with you and they will find their way to be at your side.
- Sometimes kids believe what happens between their parents is their fault. The truth is that kids do not have any responsibilities in their parents’ separation. Even if they argue for something which includes you, it does not depend on you and it is not your responsibility to get them get along to each other.
- Our tip is not to show them you are ok with the situation if you feel emotionally sad: talk to someone inside your family without keeping everything inside.
- Sometimes kids feel sad, alone and misunderstood: worried to upset their parents. Don’t be afraid to open with them! Even if they are getting through a difficult moment they will be able to understand you and face with you this delicate moment.
If you want to know more about it, call Telefono Azzurro: we are here to help you and have a lot of experience listening to children in similar situations as you find yourself.
You can call us on 1.96.96 for free, everyday we are open 24/7, or you can text us on this chat (available on this link) Monday to Friday from 8 a.m. to 10.00 p.m., Saturday and Sunday from 8.00 a.m. to 8.00 p.m.
Always by your side
No problem is too big or too small. We are here for you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.